Saturday, 2 October 2010

Show and tell

How much of your work should you show in advance? - That's the Big Question I'm faced with right now. I've finished drawing parts one and two of my interstellar encounter and am now knee deep in Photoshop layers as I make the final adjustments to each page. It's a horrendously time-consuming process, with far too much internal debating going on, but there's a little skip of joy to be had as I eventually click and save those final TIFF files, in turn, knowing that I'm one page nearer my goal and counting down to some sort of publication. Now I want to share them with the world as they appear, but I reckon I have to hold back a bit, and wait until I can give everyone a fully-fledged, all-singing, all-dancing preview to get their teeth into. Well, okay, by "everyone" I mean the seven folks who have kindly subscribed to this stop-start blog. But as I've said here before, the fact that anyone at all is interested in my cosmic endeavour gives me a fuzzy feeling inside. I am most truly grateful. And so's my li'l alien buddy. He wouldn't have got this far without you...

2 comments:

  1. This image is so jazzed out, weirdo cool, I'd like to see this as a huge artwork hung in a gallery. I love everything you're doing with Blips and Pieces Frazer and the thing I really love - is the fact that I don't understand it.

    It's just weirdly beautiful, because it creates it's own groove.

    But my advice would be to hold the bulk of it to your chest - what you're doing is enough - seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peter, once again I have to thank you for your unswerving support. It's very much appreciated, and it's strange, because my Better Half has been saying just the same thing, since I started. She says I should go large with it, too... All I can say again is that, big or small, it does make sense, in a cosmic way, in the end. And the three parts tie together rather sweetly - Honest!

    ReplyDelete