Friday, 4 December 2009

The downside of blogging

Don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying this blogging lark. It's helped me to focus on my creative goal, and I've produced so much more work this way, over the last few months. I'm driven on by the need to fuel the thing, I'm stimulated by the jolly feedback and the knowledge that there are - let's see - one, two, three, four folks now officially "following" me and the development of BLIP. Four folks, taking at least a passing interest in my comic book endeavours. Okay, so that's a teeny-tiny figure in the Great Wide Web of Things. But for me, personally, it's a source of great encouragement. It gives me something to reach for, when the creative candle burns low and the Ghosts of Self-doubt come a-knock-knocking once more...

But there is an iddy-biddy downside here. You see, a blog needs content. And there are times, like now, when you just don't have much to offer up. Or rather, you've got stuff , but when it's taken out of context it just becomes another meaningless image file, squatting in cyberspace. BLIP is particularly tricky, in this regard, because of its structure. Most pages are single-panel and if you've stopped by this blog before, you'll already have noticed how many lose their significance, when you present them individually. With luck, next time, I'll have a run of pages to show off. But for now - ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls - may I present my latest undertaking... three shapes... er... moving past another shape...


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful I feel a sense of kharmic grace rising up like a warm tide of tranquility as I gaze upon this lovely image.

    ReplyDelete