Thursday, 10 September 2009

What a dummy!

No. Really. What a dummy. See, I've just put together my very first BLIP proof. A dummy comic, if you please. And I'm almost beside myself with giddy glee. It's a greyscale A5 edition, with a colour cover. Nothing fancy. Just the first 23 pages, printed up for my own amusement on Tesco Finest Copy Paper via my ip6700d, and saddle stitched using my old WH Smiths stapler. The cover design needs tweaking, and there's a bit of creep in the page alignment, but I love it, I love it, I love it - curling corners and all, darn it!


I'm quite taken back by the quality of thing. I had no idea that I could produce something like this from the confines of my attic. It's a real jolt in the arm, and it's made me even more determined to get back to my Bristol Board and complete the rest of this spacey tale, and - oh - so much more besides. And funnily enough, despite all the effort I've poured into Photoshop, layering and colouring every page, I think BLIP looks just as good in greyscale. It's certainly a cheaper way to go, initially, when I finally crank up my Small Press... So you can colour me very excited indeed!

1 comment: