Saturday, 9 May 2009

Phabulous Photoshop

Wow! - Photoshop has been a fabulous learning curve for me. I'm not professionally trained, and have self-taught myself how to use Dreamweaver, Fireworks and Coreldraw in order to create Toonhound and to knock my strips and toons into shape. But now I'm getting serious about comics, I've had to move up a gear and teach myself how to scan and colour using the Daddy of them all. And I've got to say... Photoshop has been mercifully painless, thus far, and totally inspiring.... It helps that there are so many terrific tutorials online, helping to smooth the curve.

It also helps that I'm keeping it simple for BLIP. Just flat blocks of colour. I'm a big fan of Jason, as it happens, and - well - sometimes less is more, if you know what I mean. Oh, by the way, the bug-eyed fellow below is a Space Louse. He pops up on Page 5 of our adventure, munching on those BLIP-BLIP-BLIPS - much to the chagrin of our tenacious space traveller. Anyways, that's quite enough waffle for now, I've a dozen more pages to colour... Photoshop beckons!

BLIP copyright Frazer Diamond/2009

No comments:

Post a Comment